Physical Science guided reading expository texts with note taking template, comprehension worksheets that have leveled questions, and Task cards to extend the learning. Perfect for Common Core Literacy Science Standards.
This bundle includes all my current Physical Science Guided Reading products and all future physical science guided readings. Print and digital versions.
This will guide students through reading information about various physical science topics. They then have to apply their knowledge by answering leveled questions in the comprehension worksheets that accompany them.
1. scientific method expository reading: Includes information on the Scientific Method, Variables and Controls, Accuracy and Reproducibility
2. Science expository Reading on the Solar System: Includes information on the Formation of the Solar System, Inner Planets, Outer Planets, and Other Objects
3. Science Expository Reading: Stars and Galaxies (Includes H-R diagram worsheet): Includes information on the Classification of Stars, Life Cycle of Stars, and Galaxies
4. Measuring Matter Expository Reading: Includes information about Measuring Matter, Density, Floating and Sinking
5. States of Matter and Physical Changes Guided Reading: Includes information about the States of Matter, Physical Changes due to Increasing Energy, Physical Changes due to decreasing energy
6. Atoms and isotopes guided reading: includes information about Atoms and Isotopes
7. Periodic Table Guided Reading: Includes information on the Periodic Table, Categories of Elements, Families of the Periodic Table
8. Chemical Reactions Guided Reading: Includes information about Physical and Chemical Changes, Exothermic and Endothermic, Chemical Equations
9. Compounds and chemical bonding guided reading: Includes information about Chemical Bonding, Ionic Compounds, Covalent Compounds
10. Acids and Bases Guided Reading: Includes information about Acids, Bases, and the Strength of Acids and Bases including pH
11. Motion Guided Reading: Includes information about Speed and Velocity, Acceleration, and how to interpret motion graphs
12. Types of Forces Guided Reading: Includes information about Friction, Fluid friction and air resistance, Gravity, Elastic forces of tension and compresion, and buoyant force
13. Newton’s Laws Guided Reading: Includes information about Newton’s first law, second law, and third law
14. Energy guided reading : includes information about potential energy, kinetic energy, and conservation of energy
Still to be added:
15. Waves (Coming Early winter 2017)
– Measuring Waves
– Transverse Waves
– Longitudinal Waves
Connect with Adventures in ISTEM
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” next to my Seller picture to receive notification of new products and upcoming sales. Most new products are discounted for the first 48 hours.
Blog- adventures in ISTEM for more great ideas and strategies to use in your classroom plus freebies and giveaways
Follow me on facebook
Follow my board TPT Adventures in ISTEM on Pinterest
Follow me oninstagram
Copyright Kristina Harjo. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
** This is intended for one classroom and personal use ONLY. If you would like this for your whole school or district please click on multiple licenses to purchase this for multiple users at a reduced price.**
“Any claims of correlation or alignment to the Common Core State Standards are solely those of Adventures in ISTEM and have not been evaluated nor endorsed by the NGA. The author of these materials claims no affiliation or endorsement by the NGA.”