Two weeks ago we had a few kids over for a just because slumber party. In between playing video games and soccer the kids wanted to do a science experiment. So we did a simple science experiment that I do with my students in class. We made slime.
To make slime you will need:
– 1 tsp borax (this is a laundry booster found with the laundry detergent)
– 4 oz glue (clear glue will make clear slime and glitter glue will make glitter slime)
– 1/2 cup tap water
– 1/2 cup hot water
– two cups or containers
– spoon for stirring
– food coloring if you want to add color
Here is how we made our slime.
Part 1: In one cup/container
-First: pour 1/2 cup of tap water into the cup
– Second: pour 4oz of glue into the cup
– Third: add food coloring to the cup and then stir everything together
Part 2: In a second cup/container
– Fourth: put 1tsp of borax into the cup
Part 3: Mix it together
– Fifth: Pour the cup with the borax into the cup with the glue
– Sixth: mix everything together. After a while this might get difficult as the ingredients start to combine together.
– Seventh: take it out of the container and have fun playing with it.
If the slime is a little too wet, which can happen, you could place it on some newspaper to absorb some of the liquid. The kids had a great time pulling the slime, bouncing the slime, and watching it turn flat if they left it on the counter. To save it for later simply place it in a ziplock bag.
I hope you have fun making your own slime.